cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 100 mac big sur borderless failure

ajmich
Contributor

MacOS Big Sur with latest everything (all updated).  CURRENT Pro 100 driver will not allow borderless.  [Source app independent, does not matter where I am printing from.]  Page setup correctly (IE, in Apple Pages) for Letter 8.5x11 Borderless. Border adjustment is dimmed, bleed cannot be adjusted; borderless printing not working.  ANY paper.  Driver removed, cleaned out all Canon files, fresh driver downoad & install after factor reset of the printer.  Stil not allowing borderless.  Have tried various 'solutions' without luck.  Used to work, even in Big Sur.  Don't know what may have changed (other than a maintenance update for Big Sur, which is on current version 11.3.1.)  Obiously missing something but dunno wht else to check.  Even after clean OS re-installed, everything 'fresh', will not print borderless of any size.

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

Verify that you have the IJ Series version of the printer installed and not the AirPlay version.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Verify that you have the IJ Series version of the printer installed and not the AirPlay version.

Yes, it is the IJ version.

For troubleshooting purposes, the printer's USB cable is connected, hopefully to avoid any network kludgery.  But ALL versions have been tried (USB, IJ Network, Bonjour) multiple times without success.

Do you have another software you can try printing from? Maybe Apple Photos?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

As I said in OP, "Source app independent, does not matter where I am printing from."

But of course I can try the full array of Big Sur software & others.

Hello,

I am having the same issue with my Canon TS 9520. I'm not sure of how to get the IJ series version but I saw that you mentioned I should wait a few minutes to see if it pops up but I only see the Bonjour. I recently got a Mac laptop and had no issues with my canon when I was using a HP computer. I hope you can help me. 

Based on the Canon support site it doesn't look like there is support for your printer beyond macOS Catalina.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Okay thank you 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Smart a$$ answers will get you no where with me. Good luck.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

@jrhoffman75 wrote:
Smart a$$ answers will get you no where with me. Good luck.

My apologies, sir -- intended nothing of the sort!  I should have included an emoticon.  I am genuinely pleased that you have an interest in helping me out here.  Sorry.  Smiley Embarassed

Announcements