cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 100 and Pro Premium Matte Paper

tinwhistle
Enthusiast

Pro-100 printer, Windows 7, and Canon Photo Paper Pro Premium Matte paper. No matter how I try to set up this combination I get nowhere. First of all the printer tells me I must use the manual feed, OK I set that up. then it tells me I can't use Photo Paper Pro Matte in the 8.5 X11 (letter size) and gives me several sizes to use, one of which is 8.5X11, but it won't print. I had the same problem trying to print the 13X19 inch size. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you are using Premium Matte paper you need to select Fine Art paper option which will need to be printed from the manual feed.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Make sure that you're inserting the paper into the proper slot.  It's easy to get them mixed up.

Curiously, what Canon calls the "rear slot" is on the top surface, and the "manual feed" slot is one the rear panel.  If you're still experiencing problems contact Canon Support, 1-800-OK-CANON.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you are using Premium Matte paper you need to select Fine Art paper option which will need to be printed from the manual feed.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

New Canon Pixma Pro-100 user.

I have used pro Epson printers series thru photoshop so I am familiar with IC profiles.

But what are the Canon Paper ICC profiles called and none of my screens either in Photoshop or Lightroom match the Print Studio Pro screens referenced in numerous articles.

I am on a MAC El Capitan 10.11.6 

New Canon Pixma Pro-100 user.

I have used pro Epson printers series thru photoshop so I am familiar with IC profiles.

But what are the Canon Paper ICC profiles called and none of my screens either in Photoshop or Lightroom match the Print Studio Pro screens referenced in numerous articles. exactly how do I get to this program? All I see is an installe icon. None of the options in any of the on-line manuals etc are visiable to me in the two programs I am using

Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 3.59.24 PM.pngI am on a MAC El Capitan 10.11.6 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
If you are letting Lightroom manage printing the Canon profiles have the same name as the media type in the printer driver.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

cacaponjim
Apprentice

It is true that to get the BEST results you need to choose one of the Art Paper with Margin settings. However you can get output just using Other Glossy Paper, it might not be as pretty, though.

The big thing for me was I had opened the pack and used the top sheet and got horrible, blotchy results. What they dont't tell you is the top sheet is protective cardboard. So maybe discard that sheet or write something on it. Wish they had printed something on it at the factory.

You are not alone cacaponjim. I did that too when I tried to make my first print.

@cacaponjim wrote:

It is true that to get the BEST results you need to choose one of the Art Paper with Margin settings. However you can get output just using Other Glossy Paper, it might not be as pretty, though.

The big thing for me was I had opened the pack and used the top sheet and got horrible, blotchy results. What they dont't tell you is the top sheet is protective cardboard. So maybe discard that sheet or write something on it. Wish they had printed something on it at the factory.

The other thing to watch for is with paper like a Luster or SemiGloss it isn't really paper. It is a resin plastic. So if you put it in the printer wrong side out the ink just sits on the plastic surface and is wet and blotchy. 

If you aren't sure which is the print side wet a finger tip and touch a corner. The print side will be tacky. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

What I've been trying to do is get 8 X 12 prints on matte paper without wasting a bunch of paper. This way I can print without cropping the image. So I started with Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte in 13 X 19 (A3 +) size. I just like the color tones of this paper. You could use any similar paper. As soon as you select the Media Type for matte paper, you are limited to Paper Sizes that force margins. I chose Other Fine Art Paper 1 and the A3+ with margins.

8 X 12 on A3+ Art Paper.png

Then to avoid using the whole sheet, I entered 1.200 for the Top in the Layout settings tab. I cut the 13 x 19 paper in two (at 9.5 inches) and loaded in the Manual feed. This worked out perfectly. I can now get two 8 X 12 prints out of one sheet. I attempted to get 9 x 13 but that doesn't workout since you can't print edge to edge with this paper. You cannot print closer to the top than 1.2 inches, the printer will not go any closer to the top edge on this paper. Then I cut about 1/2 inch off the top to get even margins. This size print will mount in a 16 X 20 frame, which gives you a generous margin. A custom frame would be nicer to control the margin. So if anyone else is wanting 8 x 12 prints, this worked for me.

8 X 12 on A3+ Offset.png

Announcements