cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 Photo Printing

SuzanneM
Apprentice

I have a 6 month old Pro-100 that suddenly started misprinting colors on photo paper. It prints perfectly on plain paper, but the colors on any type of (Canon) photo paper are way off. Magenta isn't printing at all, not even in the nozzle check test print. The nozzles have been cleaned several times with software and manually clean three times by me (remove and soak). I'm thinking there might be some corrupt ICC profiles. I've tried every kind of tweaking of Photoshop settings in print dialog and nothing has had any effect. After messing around with updating the driver and reinstalling the software, I uninstalled the printer and software completely and reinstalled everything from square one. Same problem. I've run out of ideas. If anyone can help, I'll invite you over for coffee and blueberry pie 🙂

Pixma Pro-100

Canon inks

Canon Pro-Platinum, Pro-Platinum N, and Pro-Luster Papers

Windows 10

Suzanne

2 REPLIES 2

swthorne
Apprentice

I also have a pixma pro 100 that is malfunctioning. I cleaned the nozzles and did an alignment and the first photo that I printed afterwards came out perfect, but each photo I've printed after has gotten progressively more orange and distorted looking. I'm at a loss. I've never had an issue before.

BillS
Mentor

Hi SuzanneM,

The off colors are more likely caused by no magenta ink being distributed, rather than an ICC profile.  If the magenta bars are not appearing on the nozzle check, additional cleaning will be required, although soaking the print head on your own is not recommended.

I recommend performing two deep cleanings in a row (do not print nozzle checks) and leave the unit powered on overnight.  Perform a standard cleaning the following day.  If the magenta is still not printing, the printer will require service.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements