cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 Canon paper ICC profile colors are way off

hpfish10
Contributor

When I try to print from LR, if I choose the Canon IJ color 2005 profile, then the output colors matched better to what displayed on my monitor, but when I chose the Canon 1/2 Photo Plus Glossy profile or Any Canon photo paper profile, the output colors were way off, much redish.   I did adjust Color Matching to None.  What did I do wrong?  Thanks for assistance.

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@hpfish10 wrote:

When I try to print from LR, if I choose the Canon IJ color 2005 profile, then the output colors matched better to what displayed on my monitor, but when I chose the Canon 1/2 Photo Plus Glossy profile or Any Canon photo paper profile, the output colors were way off, much redish.   I did adjust Color Matching to None.  What did I do wrong?  Thanks for assistance.

Welcome to the forum.

1. is your monitor calibrated?

2. When you say " when I chose the Canon 1/2 Photo Plus Glossy profile or Any Canon photo paper profile, the output colors were way off" did you have those papers?

Possibly your display is showing sRGB color space and the Canon IJ profile is also sRGB.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

hpfish10
Contributor
1) Yes my monitor is calibrated.
2) yes I have those papers.

If I let Printer Manage Colors or use the calibrated monitor ICC profile then print results are better, no red color cast.

Last night, I installed the canon Print Manager software as plug in to LR and I could use ICC profile to print with results almost matching color to the screen. May be I should just use this and not bother with printing using LR Print function.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Hi.

I am not sure what the Print Manager software is. Did you mean Print Studio Pro?

I would use whatever software/workflow that gives you output you are happy with. There is no one correct way.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

yes it is Print Studio Pro.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I’m not sure what you mean by calibrated monitor profile with respect to printing. Your monitor profile is for the display. It should never show up un any printing workflow.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

When I calibarted my LG monitor the calibrated software created the monitor ICC profile.  When I tried to print in LR, the ICC profile drop down window has the monitor ICC profile listed.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Yes, but it shouldn’t be selected in LrC.

There may even be an option to only show paper profiles - I’m away from my computer.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements