cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 10's turn off and fail to power on

HumanBean
Contributor

I am on my second Pro 10- it was sent by product support to replace a pro 10 that turned off and failed to power on. The second Pro 10 has developed the same problem after several months of light use. Canon tech's recommended leaving the printer on. They say the 10 has no automatic shut off. The tech's recommended plugging into wall outlet instead of a surge protector,  plugging into my battery back up, and pressing button for 10 seconds to reset the printer. I have updated drivers, downloaded and reloaded current drivers in case the first ones were corrupted. I wondered if there were power fluctuations in the old home I lived in. I have moved to a new home. The printer prints beautiful prints when it works.

4 REPLIES 4

HumanBean
Contributor

after several months of failure to power on I moved and the printer powered on and orange light blinked-. indicating CO empty, while I was searching for an ink cartridge it turned off. I turned it back on and, after a minute, turned it off so it could power off properly. Judging by the lack of replies/number of views I wonder if I am the only one having this problem?

Hi HumanBean,

Based on your description, it sounds like the printer is experiencing a internal hardware issue and would require service. So we can look into your service options, please reply with the purchase date of the printer.

We look forward to hearing from you.

the printer was a canon replacement for a printer that failed in the same way. I don't recall when I received the canon replacement. I suspect the date is in a file related to a service report on your side. I recently moved and lost/misplaced that data. I turned the printer on after the move and it worked. I turn it off after use and so far it has turned on. I turn it off after use so that it will shut down properly. I don't trust leaving the printer on anymore.

Check the connection of the electric cable to the printer. Suddenly the plug of the cable did not plug firmly into the plug.
Announcements