cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA PRO-100 firmware update and wireless LAN

larryc43230
Enthusiast

I recently purchased a Canon PIXMA PRO-100. I set up the printer to use my WiFi network, and it's never been connected using either USB or Ethernet. Everything works as advertised, and I'm getting great prints from it.

I've never checked for what firmware version the printer came with, and I began thinking about that this morning. That brought to mind a few questions I would appreciate some advice on:

1. How do I determine what firmware version the printer came with?

2. Based on what I read in the manual, any firmware update must be applied with the printer connected using USB. Is this true?

3. If USB is required for firmware updates, are there any special steps I need to take to connect the printer, and will connecting it using USB undo the wireless (WiFi) connection?

--Larry

Edited to add that the printer is used with a Windows 10 PC, in case that makes any difference.

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi larryc43230,

To update the firmware of your PIXMA PRO-100, a USB cable and computer are necessary.  It cannot be performed wirelessly.

To determine the version of firmware installed, please press and hold the RESUME button on your PIXAM PRO-100 until the printer light blinks white twice.

This will print the Nozzle Check.  The firmware version installed will be printed on this page.

The steps to update the firmware are included with the firmware file downloaded from the Support Page of your PIXMA PRO-100.  To access the downloads for your PIXMA PRO-100, please use the following link:

http://Canon.us/phu4

Once that page loads, please click on the Firmware tab to access the firmware downloads.

When the download is complete, double click it.  This will create a new folder named fuu_-win-pro_100-1_2-ea7.

Double click the fuu_-win-pro_100-1_2-ea7 folder.

Double click the How To folder.

Double click the EN folder.

Double click the English folder.

Double click Manual.html to view the steps for updating the firmware for your PIXMA PRO-100.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your response. I performed the nozzle check as you suggested. The resulting sheet shows a Ver. 2.001.

Now I'm a bit confused; I thought I read somewhere that the current firmware version for the PRO-100 was 1.100.

What is the latest and greatest firmware version for this machine? I'll want to perform a firmware update only if it's actually needed.

Regarding the firmware update, I'd still appreciate an answer to the last question in my original post: Will connecting the PRO-100 using USB undo the wireless (WiFi) connection? In other words, will I need to re-add the printer to my WiFi network? That installation step required a couple of attempts before the printer successfully connected.

--Larry

Others have reported 2.001. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi larryc43230,

Because your firmware is 2.001, the update is not necessary.

In regards to the update process, yes, connecting the USB cable will undo the wireless connection and you would have to reinstall the driver when switching back to wireless use.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

If 2.001 is already installed on a printer I purchased a year ago, then why are you advertising 1.2b as the latest dated Sept. 2, 2018?

When I open the Sept 2 2018 installer, it actually states that the version to be installed is 1.1. And then the Start button is greyed out because it senses that 2.001 is already installed.

This is a big mess. Is Canon really this incompetent?

Which of the 2 firmwares is more stable 1.1 or 2.001. What does flashing the printer give to the latest firmware?

I have never seen a download to install 2.001.

The Canon site says: " If your printer's firmware version is already 1.100 or later, the update is not necessary. "

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

John Hoffman -Thank you for your attention!
Announcements