cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-1 banding issue on glossy/semi-glossy paper

Frederik
Apprentice

Hi. So I'm having an issue with banding on my print. The degree of visible banding are dependent on the picture and on the size of paper used.

I noted that the problem only occours when using a profile for glossy or semi-glossy paper however the banding are consistenly wrong (exact same banding when printing the same picture on the same size paper).

This leads me to believe that its a software issue!

I have tried upgrading/downgrading both firmware and drivers, both with no prevail.

I have also tried using both comparable Canon ICC-profiles and original profiles from the paper manufacturer.

Furthermore I have done a cleaning cycle on all the nozzles and aligned the printing head. Testpages looks fine.

I have attached some pictures of the prints with banding, both overall and close-ups.

Can anybody explain to me what the problem is? - I have been trying to fix it for a couple of weeks now and I don't know what to do anymore.

Kind regards

Frederik1a.jpg

1b.jpg

2a.jpg

2b.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

BillS
Mentor

Hi Frederik,

There can be a few different causes for print banding.  Several solutions can be found HERE.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

None of thoose suggestions fit the description I made.

I wish to post this nozzle test and a comparison of one of my photos using a printer profile for photo paper (left) and one for common paper (right). As you can see the banding does not occur when using a standard profile for common paper.

/Frederik

_IGP1889_DxO.jpg

_IGP1890_DxO.jpg

Announcements