cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 - Print Studio? Color Profiles?

Inkjetsetter
Contributor

Hello, I'm new to the Pixma Pro 100. I mostly shooot nature/wildlife, but am a pro retoucher by day, and am famiiar with image optimization. I have not used this printer yet, and have a few basic questions:

Is Canon Print Studio Pro the vehicle of choice for printing on a Mac (currently High Sierra 10.13.6) or is Photoshop, or other 3rd party print apps better? 

I read about Canon printer profiles needing an update. Are there multiple profiles available from Canon for different papers? (I'll be starting with Canon paper) I'm assuming there is no single do-it-all profile. Or are there better third party profiles?

I have owned Epson IJ Printers before, but this is my first High Res IJ printer from Canon. Any anomolies to be aware of? Misc Suggestions?

My intent will be nature/wildlife images for framed display.

Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I am assuming you have printed previously from Photoshop. There is nothing special about printing with this printer. If you aren’t familiar with printing from PS then PSP sets all the correct settings. 

I am not familiar with what you are saying about Canon profiles needing an update. 

Each Canon paper has a specific ICC profile. 

Download the Canon On-Screen Manual for the printer from the Canon site. 

Its a great printer. You will be happy with the output. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I am assuming you have printed previously from Photoshop. There is nothing special about printing with this printer. If you aren’t familiar with printing from PS then PSP sets all the correct settings. 

I am not familiar with what you are saying about Canon profiles needing an update. 

Each Canon paper has a specific ICC profile. 

Download the Canon On-Screen Manual for the printer from the Canon site. 

Its a great printer. You will be happy with the output. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks John

In reference to profiles, I read a post (now lost) that suggested that the profile(s) supplied with the printer may be outdated. 

I have not used the printer or software yet, as I wanted to be well informed before making a string of errors.

Since posting I learned that images can be printed from the Canon utiity within photoshop, and I'm guessing there's an option to choose appropriate profiles there. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Be sure to download the latest driver from the Canon website.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements