cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing from Photoshop on Canon Pro 10S on Fine Art Paper ICC profiles

SIASUM
Contributor

I am printing from latest Photoshop CC on Canon Pro 10S (with all up to date drivers). 

I want to print on Fine Art Papers with the relevant ICC paper profile. I am using Innova or Hanhnmuele brand papers with their profiles downloaded from their respective sites and saved in my Colorsync Library (Hidden System library and normal library).

When attempting to print on these profiles with 'Photoshop manages Colours' selected the printer makes the noises to print but then just spits out the paper without printing and the print job disappears. I can print from 'Preview' and on other (non fine art) profiles and the printer can print -  the colours are just not as good / exact as they should be for these papers.

Previously my printer would print them all beautifully and after a switch to some unbranded ink all the colous went off - so I have switched back, cleaned repeatedly but somehow during this process with updating Photoshop and reinstalling Canon Drivers at the same time I have lost the Innova profile completely (even though it is in the colorsync library folder) and also now the spitting paper out issue.. All the colour profiles in the list are also different from before, I seem to have lots more (monitor and display profile settings?).

I am at a loss at what to try next. I am an artist printing out Art prints so not super techy but my set up has worked fine for years before this. I feel like there is some sort of conflict going on with the colour sync within Photoshop and the Printer since the ink debacle but I can't work it out.

Any help would be so appreciated!

11 REPLIES 11

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Since you said ColorSync I am assuming you are on a Mac computer. What operating system? Is it an M1 Mac?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hello John,Thanks for replying.

Yes correct, Apple M1 Mac, running Big Sur 11.6.4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don't have direct experience; my MacBook is an Intel version, but try running Photoshop in Rosetta mode.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John, thank again for replying, it is appreciated.

I just tried from the Photoshop Intel version from Creative Cloud and also ticked 'Open using Rosetta' in Terminal beforehand but still the same spitting the paper out.

V confusing! 

Yes, confusing. Since you have Ps I am guessing you also have Lightroom?

Can you try printing from Lr?

Also, just confirming that you have the Canon IJ Series version of the printer and not the AirPrint version?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John, yes I have Lightroom - but I don't seem to have the option to Print from there! I think this is another Apple M1 thing but I am not sure why.

And yes, I am not printing on the Airprint version of the printer. There are now two versions saved of the same printer and I am printing from the 'Canon IJ Network' version.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I just looked at your computer response again. I noticed 11.6.4.

There is a problem with that version and ICC profiles. A lot of internet posts about it.

Can you update to Monterey?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John, thanks again for all the support.

Ok yes I will try that and report back. 

Thanks again 🙂

Hi John,

I am now operating on Monterey and have re-updated the Canon Printer Drivers also.

I can now print from Photoshop and it doesn't spit out the fine art papers anymore -  HOORAY!!!

The colour profiles in the drop down menu are still inconsistent to the library and the correct Innova ICC profile is still missing but I can now print from a similar Innova ICC profile for a similar fine art paper and the match on my Art Print is good enough so I can live with this. Yay!

Really appreciate your help John, a simple suggestion I know but I have been going round in circles and this has been a massive help - thank you so much 🙂 🙂 🙂

Announcements