cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing envelopes with strip & seal flap design

paulajoy
Contributor
Hello, I need to regularly print out number 10 envelopes and A7 size envelopes for an art business and I need the print quality that I get on the Canon Pixma Pro 100 foran art business and I need the print quality that I get on the Pro-100. I just bought a box of 500 envelopes at Costco that are a nice paper quality and they are number 10 size which is the standard long envelope used in billing, etc. The flap has a strip and seal design. There’s a tiny strip tightly adhering to the inside of the flap that you pull off to activate the adhesive on it, in other words.

Has anyone used to this type of envelope successfully or two detriment on the Pro-100 ? Any advice would be appreciated!!! If the printer can’t handle this type of envelope, does anyone recommend another good quality printers that can yield good results graphically? I’ve been considering the Canon Megatank G3200
6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

See the printer OnScreen Manual. Should have been installed with your printer. If not you can download it from the Canon site.

2018-12-07 (1).png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

paulajoy
Contributor
Well, Thank you, I have checked that. It talks about certain flaps that are premoistened being problematic in the feed process. But these envelopes seem to be so flat, and the strip that pulls off so minimal...I would like to think they would work. I do a lot of color printing of envelopes. I need a good graphic output. Anyway, thanks for your suggestion. I have the manual downloaded on my computer.

I wouldn’t call yours premoistened. I think their concern is if they are premoistened (I have never seen that kind) the pressure going through the printer would seal them.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

paulajoy
Contributor
Hmmm. I thought it was more concerned that it would come up the machine. You might be right that it is maybe not a problem with a strip and seal design—although It might just be a problem of nomenclature. I would think once the strip is pulled off, the flap is essentially premoistened and ready for sealing. So I guess the question would be whether or not this strip could possibly cause jamming up the machine as it moves through printer....

I don’t see how. Flap would have to be turned over for strip to come off. Pretty hard to envision (as your first envelope in jams Smiley Happy). 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

paulajoy
Contributor
Thank you for all of your helpful feedback. I appreciate it!
Announcements