Canon Community Canon Community

nvw
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Printing differences between Lightroom and Print Studio

Hello,

I was trying to print a borderless 8x10 using Canon 8x10 Semi Gloss. In Lightroom I tried every possible combination of print templates, margin settings and anything else I could think of with no success, I always got a small border. I tried printing in Print Studio and it printed perfectly first time. Does anyone know what Print Studio does by default that Lightroom does not?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Printing differences between Lightroom and Print Studio

what operating system?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472
nvw
Occasional Contributor

I'm on a Mac using the latest version of Lightroom.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi. I'll try and help. Have you selected the paper this way in the printer driver?

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 6.01.58 AM.png

Do you have the IJ series driver installed or does it say BonJour. If it says Bonjour go back to Printers & Scanners, select "+" and wait for the IJ series version to appear. It could take a few minutes.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472
nvw
Occasional Contributor

Hi John,

That was the problem. I thought that selecting 8x10 Borderless under Paper Handling would take care of the sizing even though the I could tell that the margin settings in Lightroom were not what I would expect for 8x10. After setting the Page Setup to 8x10 Borderless, I could then modify the Cell Size in Lightroom to be 8x10 and set the margins to 0in.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Michael