cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printed photograph is blurry and color very bad.

rwhatzo
Apprentice

I've been trying to print this picture which looks great on my monitor but prints really fuzzy and the color is just a blob.  This is not the only picture that I tried to print, does it on all photographs.  Lighthouse10112021_00000.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum. 

You need to supply a lot more information

1. Which printer 

2. What software

3. Which operating system

4. Is your printer driver up to date. 
5. Can you post a screenshot of the print dialogue page

6. What paper

7. Have you confirmed you are printing on the correct side of the paper. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Pixma Pro 100 XPS

Inpixio, NX Studio, Photoshop Elements 2022, Windows Photo Viewer (no change for any of them)

Windows 10

Updated the drivers yesterday

Can you advise where is the print dialogue page

Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster

Yes correct side of paper

Appreciate the help, wasted a lot of paper and ink so far.  

I forgot to mention that if you haven't already, you should run a nozzle check to be sure the printer is functioning correctly.

I don';t have any of the software you mentioned. The closest I have would be Photoshop.

Here are the settings that I would use in Photoshop.

Screenshot 2021-10-12 113559.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks for the help.  Solved the problem by doing a nozzle check as you suggested, several deep cleanings and replacing the gray ink cartridge.  Prints great now.  

Hi, I hope you don't mind me interupting this thread. I'm trying to get to terms with printing still, and I've watched a few videos that recommend letting the application control the colour handling rather than the printer. I can see from your post that you let the printer control it. 

I've tried searching for an explantion what the difference is, obviously I can do some experimentation for myself and work out which I prefer. I was wondering whether you can advise me what the difference is, or point me in the right direction for an explanation.

Thank You

In the example posted I used printer manages color to eliminate the step of getting involved with selecting an ICC profile. 

If Canon papers are being used with a Canon printer the driver will automatically select the correct profile. 

I use application manages color for all my printing since I use Canon paper as well as third party paper. 

There is no difference in the final output as long as the correct ICC profile is selected for the paper being used.  

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you for your reply, I'm still trying to fully get to terms with printing and any help is greatly appreciated.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Great. Glad I could help.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements