cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro

CapeCod
Apprentice

Hi All,

I had an incident yesterday where I updated Print Studio Pro to what I believe is the latest version, 2.2.3 (filename - psp_-win-2_2_3-ea10_3) in an effort to fix an issue with the plug-ins not showing up after an Adobe Photoshop CC update.  After figuring out (with help) to copy the \PSP folder from CC2018 to CC2019 the plug-ins did appear again however, just when I thought I had everything in the right place and up to date, on loading Print Studio Pro via the plug-in it would give an error message and not load.

Short story after a full day of effort is, I had to revert to an older version of Print Studio Pro ver. 2.1.0 (filename - psp_-win-2_1_0-ea10_3) to finally get printing back.  I don’t know what functionality I’m not getting with the older version but, at least I can print using PSP.

Running:

WIN10-64 sub up to date,

Adobe Photoshop CC2019 20.0.5 rel. sub up to date,

Print Studio Pro ver. 2.1.0

Canon how about a current version of PSP that works with CC2019?

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hello. I have the same configuration you are describing and PSP 2.2.3 works fine for me.

What error message are you getting?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

The error message is simply and as you can see doesn't say much to help.

An error has occured.

Exiting Print Studio Pro.

I Installed the next version up from psp_-win-2_1_0-ea10_3, (psp_-win-2_1_1-ea10_3), and ran some tests and had no problem.  I then installed ver psp_-win-2_2_3-ea10_3 and got the error right off.  Went back to psp_-win-2_1_1-ea10_3.

The printer is a PRO-1.  I'm running with the PRO-1 series XPS Printer Driver Ver.5.86 (Windows).

Hello. I have a Pro-100, but that shouldn't matter.

Here is where my PSP plug is installed (in the Plug-ins folder)

Annotation 2019-08-06 195259.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Mine are in,    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Plug-ins\PSP

The Plug-ins are being found and show up in the PS dropdown menu. 

PSPplugins.JPG

I copied them from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Plug-ins\PSP.   They're working OK with the older PSP version.

Just for S&G I moved the plug-ins from the PSP folder in CC2019 and ran the PSP Plug-in Install utility just to make sure the copied files were not the problem.  Installed PSP 2.2.3 and ran a test with CC2019.  Plug-ins were listed in the menu OK but I did get the error.

PSPerror.JPG

I also ran my old CC2018 and also got the error.

Reloaded PSP 2.1.1 and things run OK.

Can’t explain, since it works OK for me. 

You could contact Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON, but since you have a working setup it’s probably not worth it. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements