cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro 9000 Mark II Pro Photo Paper Prints Small Strip of Image, Kicks Paper Out

Matoca
Apprentice

My Canon Pro 9000 Mark II has recently started messing up color printing. The symtoms are very strange.

I can print a test image in BW on plain paper and it will print the full image ok, exactly as I want it to print.

But when I try to print the same image in color using Platinum Pro paper or any other paper for that matter, it will only print a tiny strip of the image near the edge of the paper and then spit it out quickly. Then I get an error message that there is no paper in the feeder.

Yes, I've done all kinds of troubleshooting, over about 1.5 months. Everything. I've even used different programs to print from. I prefer printing from PS but I've used all programs on the computer with the same results. I installed a special Canon troubleshooting plugin an it says everything is ok. It doesn't matter what paper I use. It is only the process of changing from BW to color that makes it fault.

I really, at this point, just want to print a single photograph of a friend who recently died to gift to the family. This is a timely project.

I would appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

The automated phone operator would not, could not accept Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II as a model number and hung up on me. Guess they won't provide service for expensive pro printers.

Hi Matoca,

What version of Windows (or OSX) is installed on your computer?

What version of Photoshop are you using?

Are you using the Print Studio Pro plugin in Photoshop?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@Matoca wrote:

The automated phone operator would not, could not accept Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II as a model number and hung up on me. Guess they won't provide service for expensive pro printers.

I went on line. Yes, it looks like direct support is no longer available since it is a discontinued model; superceded by the Pixma Pro-100.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements