Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Print Studio Pro

Hi All,

I had an incident yesterday where I updated Print Studio Pro to what I believe is the latest version, 2.2.3 (filename - psp_-win-2_2_3-ea10_3) in an effort to fix an issue with the plug-ins not showing up after an Adobe Photoshop CC update.  After figuring out (with help) to copy the \PSP folder from CC2018 to CC2019 the plug-ins did appear again however, just when I thought I had everything in the right place and up to date, on loading Print Studio Pro via the plug-in it would give an error message and not load.

Short story after a full day of effort is, I had to revert to an older version of Print Studio Pro ver. 2.1.0 (filename - psp_-win-2_1_0-ea10_3) to finally get printing back.  I don’t know what functionality I’m not getting with the older version but, at least I can print using PSP.

Running:

WIN10-64 sub up to date,

Adobe Photoshop CC2019 20.0.5 rel. sub up to date,

Print Studio Pro ver. 2.1.0

Canon how about a current version of PSP that works with CC2019?

Honored Contributor

Re: Print Studio Pro

Hello. I have the same configuration you are describing and PSP 2.2.3 works fine for me.

What error message are you getting?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
New Contributor

The error message is simply and as you can see doesn't say much to help.

An error has occured.

Exiting Print Studio Pro.

I Installed the next version up from psp_-win-2_1_0-ea10_3, (psp_-win-2_1_1-ea10_3), and ran some tests and had no problem.  I then installed ver psp_-win-2_2_3-ea10_3 and got the error right off.  Went back to psp_-win-2_1_1-ea10_3.

The printer is a PRO-1.  I'm running with the PRO-1 series XPS Printer Driver Ver.5.86 (Windows).

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello. I have a Pro-100, but that shouldn't matter.

Here is where my PSP plug is installed (in the Plug-ins folder)

Annotation 2019-08-06 195259.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

New Contributor

Mine are in,    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Plug-ins\PSP

The Plug-ins are being found and show up in the PS dropdown menu. 

PSPplugins.JPG

I copied them from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Plug-ins\PSP.   They're working OK with the older PSP version.

New Contributor

Just for S&G I moved the plug-ins from the PSP folder in CC2019 and ran the PSP Plug-in Install utility just to make sure the copied files were not the problem.  Installed PSP 2.2.3 and ran a test with CC2019.  Plug-ins were listed in the menu OK but I did get the error.

PSPerror.JPG

I also ran my old CC2018 and also got the error.

Reloaded PSP 2.1.1 and things run OK.

Honored Contributor

Can’t explain, since it works OK for me. 

You could contact Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON, but since you have a working setup it’s probably not worth it. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH