cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro feature, PSE 18 and Catalina

canonsky
Enthusiast

Print Studio Pro feature Add From Print History does not work for me.  The message is "contents could not be applied." This feature is useful if I need to reprint; it allows me to automatically load all the settings of an image, or thagt's the idea.  Anyone else having trougle using the Add From Print History module?

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Review this as it may provide insight.  

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ProfessionalPrintLayout/W/1.0/EN/PPL/ppl-408.html

Can you give us the exact steps to reproduce.  > Your workflow...  I'm on windows, but I believe jrhoffman75 has both windows and Mac.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks, Rick, for your suggestions from another bay area resident.

My steps are to open PSP. 2. add from print history 3. click on file name in Print History 4. click Apply 5. click OK 6. box saying that contents couldn't be applied. also tried using the Arrow connector with the same final result.

@canonsky wrote:
Thanks, Rick, for your suggestions from another bay area resident.

My steps are to open PSP. 2. add from print history 3. click on file name in Print History 4. click Apply 5. click OK 6. box saying that contents couldn't be applied. also tried using the Arrow connector with the same final result.

I tried the process canonsky using MacBook Air and Catalina. Works as intended.

I suggest reinstalling PSP and verify that all the appropriate permission authorizations were selected.

In System Preferences->Privacy->Full Disk Access be sure Print Studio Pro is checked.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hello, John. I reinstalled PSP after quiting Elements and did sort out permissions as you suggested. Permission had not been granted to PSP previously. Even so the result is the same as before.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I don’t use Elements, so I can’t check that.

If you have a Canon camera download Canon Digital Photo Professional and access PSP through it. That is how I verified the process.

If not, give Canon support at call at 1-800-OK -CANON.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks.  I was holding off on caliing Canon but may have to do that.  I'd like that feature to work but it's not a deal breaker.  Been getting along without it for some time.  Thanks again.

Progress report: nothing doing.  Spent a long while with the Canon rep who came back to me a few days after research with the suggestion that I remove PSP and reinstall.  No joy there.  But I thought it was worth a try to get the feature working for me. 

Announcements