cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro Questions

HawkinsT
Apprentice

Hi. For years I've been printing straight from photoshop, which as I don't print images too often has been fine, but is still a little cumbersome, so I've decided to try Print Studio Pro, only I have a few questions regarding it I couldn't find answers to through Canon's help, or searching this forum.

I'm printing to a Pro9000 Mark II, and have already converted to the relevant printer/paper profile in photoshop, such that my photo on screen is fully in gamut, and if I print from photoshop my print will look as it does on screen. Opening my desired image from photoshop in Print Studio Pro, the preview looks a little off (most obviously, crushed blacks).

1) Am I right in assuming that the Print Stuido Pro preview is not fully colour managed, so I should rely on the preview I see in photoshop still?

2) In this vein, for an already print profile converted image, having Color Mode selected as 'Use ICC Profile' and the Printer Profile as the ICC I have already converted to (e.g. Canon Pro9000 Mark II <PTN> 1 Photo Paper Pro Platinum N), Print Stuido Pro won't try to do any conversions, will it?

3) Am I also right in assuming that no 'enhancements' are applied to the image I'm printing (things like 'Vivid Photo' in print settings) - the things I normally have to turn off in the print dialogue to make sure my image is colour accurate.

Finally...

4) Depending on the border, paper size etc. settings I choose in Print Studio Pro, the image is resized, but I'm not sure what method is used to do this. In photoshop obviously I would resize before printing and use a specified method (e.g. Bicubic Sharper). How is this performed in Print Studio Pro? I want to try to get the optimum quality possible, but with adding in margins etc. there will always be a bit of resizing it seems and I would like to understand what the software is doing.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Our Technical Support group should be able to provide you with details about the program.  Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance with this matter.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have tried this although am yet to recieve a response, despite the online form saying I would recieve an acknowledgment e-mail within 48 hours (I've been checking my junk mail too).

Hello.

If you have not heard back, try calling the support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666) from 10AM to 10PM EST Monday throug Friday.

In the meantime, you can check the following link for details about the plugin:

Print Studio Pro Guide

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello.

If you have not received a response to an email, try calling our support group over the phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666) from 10AM to 10PM EST Monday through Friday.

In the meantime, you might find more details about the plugin at the following link:

Print Studio Pro Guide

Announcements