cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Canon P-100 driver question.

fred1952
Contributor

I am running  driver version 2.85 supplied with my Canon P-100.

Two friends have upgraded to version 2.86, and now the printer driver shows a max resolution of 600 x 600, whereas, my driver shows 1200 x 1200 when settings are for Quality 1 and poremium paper.

So this begs the question, is it a cosmetic bug where the driver is still working at 1200 x 1200 just not showing it, or has Canon set the max resolution to 600 x 600 for some reason?

I would appreciate any information you can supply.

Thanks in advance.

Fred Auerbach 

[personal information removed per forum guidelines] 

6 REPLIES 6

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Fred,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did contact Canon HELP, and received the answer, We didn't change anything but add 2 new papers. The problem is in your Operating System.

Well, that was worthless, since none of uschanged anything here, only the driver version was upgraded. So I installed 2.86, and there was no problem.  IMy 2.86 worked the same as 2.85.

A little more investigation revealed that those who installed the XPS driver too, and allowed the XPS driver to be the default, NOW had the 600 x 600  input ppi as maximum.

Maybe that will help someone, but thank you all for your time and assistance.

Fred Auerbach.

I have the same issue.  I did spend a long while with Canon support.  There was no resolution except to not use the XPS driver.  Canon doesn't know why it doesn't work.  However, I have not seen any reason to use the XPS driver.  I notice no printing improvement in the sizes it will print.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you sir for confirming. The prints are magnificent,. I am running as if nothing changed (1200 with highest quality selected, and wait for some 2.87 to cure the 600 x 600 issue.
Thank you
Fred

OK a nono, a reply to my own reply, but this is too big to let it go.

Mike Chaney, author the best printing program on the planet, Qimage Ultimate,  found the problem and the solution. We can all be 1200 x 1200 again.

http://ddisoftware.com/tech/qimage-ultimate/printing-problem-3012/msg20405/#msg20405

See the driver box in the link. Make sure it is set to OFF.

This cures the XPS driver back to 1200 x 1200 too.

Kudos, Mike Chaney!

PS Some, please call Canon Help line and tell them.

Thank you all.

Fred Auerbach

Fred,

I have my system running well so I am not going to mess with it further.  Too many jobs and customers to satisfy.  I have 16 GB of RAM so I can't see the memory being an issue.  Plus I see no real advantage to using the XPS driver.  If you like it I hope that trick works for you.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements