cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma pro9000 mark2 replacement?

slugwork
Apprentice

Hi, I have been wanting to upgrade my iOS to Monterey but I see that my Pixma pro9000 mark 2 is not compatible. Sigh. It is working just fine so I hate to replace it, but if I do can anyone recommend which printer is similar in price and quality of print? I print a lot of art prints but I can't afford something too fancy. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The Pixma Pro-200 is the current equivalent (i.e. 13 inch quality dye ink photo printer.)

It's $600. You would need to balance the benefits you see from Monterey against the cost of a new printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The Pixma Pro-200 is the current equivalent (i.e. 13 inch quality dye ink photo printer.)

It's $600. You would need to balance the benefits you see from Monterey against the cost of a new printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you, John! Yes, it's all a balance, isn't it? I appreciate your answering so quickly.

Carbon14
Contributor

I am sure I am late to this thread Slugwork but I have my Pro9000 (Mk1) working with Monterey. It's possible.

@Carbon14 wrote:

I am sure I am late to this thread Slugwork but I have my Pro9000 (Mk1) working with Monterey. It's possible.

It would be helpful to the Community if you shared how you did it, and also exactly how it is working (i.e. able to print quality photo prints like the original before Monterey?).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

How I did it? Yeah, sure.

1. I went to https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/browse/a_status/published/channelRecordID/DRIVERS_AND_SOFTWARE/...

2. I downloaded the driver
    Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 9.35.58 AM.png
  3. I installed the driver. Works like a charm. (need more ink tho)

Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 9.33.09 AM.png

Thank you! I've been going in circles to get my printer working again. This totally worked for me. 

Huh! The US support page says there is no driver for OS 12, but there is in Canada? That is very strange. Does it work in a printer bought in the US, do you suppose? 

Thanks for posting!

I don't think its a driver for Monterey (you'll in the screen grab Canon identifies macOS 10.7/10.8/10.9), but it works in Monterey.

FWIW, I actually bought the printer in the States.
It will take you <60s to see if it works for you or not.

Best of luck. 😉

Great, thank you so much for your help! I will give it a try 🙂

Announcements