cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma pro 100 PROBLEM!

Wilsonurdaks
Apprentice

I just bought a pixma pro 100 and the prints are coming out HORRIBLE, please help me

problem.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

This is roughly what I see when paper is inserted wrong-side up.

If you pull out a sheet of luster paper and old it an angle to some light, you'll notice one side is just flat (as if it were just plain copier paper) and the other side has a sheen to it.  Glossy paper will have a glossy finish only on one side.  Luster paper will have a sheet with a very fine grainy shine on one side.  That side with the sheen or shine is the printing side.

Make sure the printing side is face up.  When you load paper in the rear (top/back of the printer) that side is facing you.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

This is roughly what I see when paper is inserted wrong-side up.

If you pull out a sheet of luster paper and old it an angle to some light, you'll notice one side is just flat (as if it were just plain copier paper) and the other side has a sheen to it.  Glossy paper will have a glossy finish only on one side.  Luster paper will have a sheet with a very fine grainy shine on one side.  That side with the sheen or shine is the printing side.

Make sure the printing side is face up.  When you load paper in the rear (top/back of the printer) that side is facing you.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

ok you were right about that I inserted in the wrong side up, but now i'm using a different size (13x19)  but same quality a pro luster and this time I put the paper correctly and now this happen, Why can I print really well on letter but when I try to do 13x19 that happen?IMG_0488.jpg

Was the 13x19 luster inserted right-side up?  Did you select the correct paper type when printing?

I have four different printers and it seems like if I change one thing, all sorts of things revert back to defaults and I have to be careful to select each choice.  

Mostly I've developed the habbit of picking (1) correct printer, (2) correct media size, (3) correct color profile, (4) correct paper type... and (5) check the quality level.

I have to make sure all of those are correct before sending the job to the printer (and media needs to be right-side up).  Just occasionally I'm a little too rushed to check the paper and still get it wrong.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Was the 13x19 luster inserted right-side up? YES, the back side is brown so I definitely know that it is in the right side

Did you select the correct paper type when printing? YES, is the same type of paper than the letter size 

I already check everthing and stil don't know why this is happening.

Than you for your help.

The back-side is brown?  What brand is this paper?

I have a selection of papers from different paper manufacturers (Canon, Moab, and Red River ... but there are papers I haven't tried such as Ilford or Canson, etc.)

But ... most of the papers come wrapped in a pack where the top of the stack is protected by a single piece of card-stock (the top sheet isn't actually photographic paper) ... so when you said the back was brown it made me wonder if the protective card was inserted instead of photo luster paper.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

You were right again, Im soo dumb! lol THANK YOU

If it makes you feel any better... I only know this stuff because I’ve made many of the same mistakes.  🙂

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

krakoburger
Apprentice

I made the same mistake and realized it as soon as I looked at the print. What I found quite funny was that the person I was making the prints for loved the mistake as much as he loved the correct prints, and insisted I sell him that as well. Sometimes it pays to put the shirt on inside-out.

bil12343
Contributor

Scan Prtrt.jpgI have the borders of certain objects within my image bleeding into the surrounding areas. Can anyone help me please?   I'm using a Canon Pixma Pro-100 with Blazer Digital White Paper - 13 x 19 in 100 lb Text Gloss C/2S. Aside from the Canon ink that came with the printer, I am using an LD 6387B002 CLI-42Y Yellow Ink Cartridge, a Canon Compatible 6391B002 CLI-42LGY CLI42 Light Gray Ink Cartridge and a G & G NP-C0042 GY Grey Cartridge.

Announcements