cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma-pro 10 on macos CATALINA

lpsayo
Apprentice

Is there a driver support for CATALINA? Or is the driver on Mojave compatible with Catalina?

Thanks.

21 REPLIES 21

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
PSP doesn’t work under Catalina ( as you found out)

When you installed the printer did you install the IJ Series version or the AirPrint version? You don’t want AirPrint.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

John, got an option to install Bonjour version, then had to wait a sec or two and IJ version came up, which I used to install.  Am sure I used the right one as I tried it three different times, once with the Mohave version as well.  Same result. 

That's the correct one. 300 dpi is the correct default setting for Canon printers.

You don't need PSP. It helps with PS for folks who have trouble configuring Photoshop to print. But if you are comfortable configuring PS then you are OK w/o it. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John, went back and printed a tabloid size photo right from PSE and it came out really well.  Am going to stop wasting time on Print Shop Pro and just check every once in a while to see if there is an update.  Liked that product as printer has a tendency to print a bit dark, which I think has been documented.  In Print Shop Pro can set it to lighten before print.  Also liked the Pro Mode profile.  Use PSE anyway at times to do quick and dirty smart edit on old scanned photos.  Luminar and Affinity Photo editors are my go tos, the former also waiting on a Catalina update, which at least I have a release date in November.  Not so sure how fast Canon will be to address Print Shop Pro.  Don't see alot of complaints against it, so wonder who many folks really use it.  

Anyone else notice that in Catalina you are unable to select different paper profiles? Every time you change it from standard to fine art paper, say, it always immidiately defaults back to platinum pro. This makes it impossible to print on any fine art papers at the moment.

I've tried in PS, LR, PSP and have tried reinstalling drivers. Here's a topic that goes more in depth on this issue:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Pro-10-Printing-Issue-with-Catalina/t...

Anyone else out there experiencing this? If this is a driver issue it needs to be fixed ASAP!

Where you able to resolve this?  I am having the same issues with selecting the appropriate print media.  Each time it just reverts back to platinum pro!  It's very frustrating and I haven't been able to find a solution.

Mairi

No resolution yet. Will need an updated version of PSP to be released. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks. It's just about ok if printing onto any gloss or semi-gloss, but hopeless for printing onto matte paper!

Mairi

Is there a particular reason why you are using PSP?  It's not a required piece of software. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi.  PSP is not required but it certainly helps refine the printing process.  It offers much better ability to fine tune your image then does the standard Elements software. I am able to continue to use the software because I have access to a laptop that is running Mojave and PSP 14, but that depends on when the laptop owner isn’t using it. I think Canon should be more helpful in getting that upgrade done, or at least letting users know if and when they will wake from their slumber.  Apple had been letting users know about the change to 64-bit for some time before the switchover. 

Does anyone know if Epson is able to work well with Catalina?

Announcements