cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Studio Pro no longer works with Lightroom Classic

KarlKrueger
Enthusiast

Does anyone have the number for calling Canon support? I used to have it but lost that number. Now I can't find where you can dig it up. Online doesn't help much. Talking to someone will correct this in a second.

Have others of you had this problem with PSP not working in the latest update of LIghtroom. PSP still works in Photoshop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

With the latest version of Lightroom Classic Adobe changed the name from Lightroom Classic CC to Lightroom Classic. The update installed the program in a new folder, rather than simply updating the previous install. 

Copy the plugin from the old folder (Lightroom Classic CC) to the new folder without the CC. Or rerun the plug-in installer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

With the latest version of Lightroom Classic Adobe changed the name from Lightroom Classic CC to Lightroom Classic. The update installed the program in a new folder, rather than simply updating the previous install. 

Copy the plugin from the old folder (Lightroom Classic CC) to the new folder without the CC. Or rerun the plug-in installer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you - that was an easy fix as it should have been.

Olyfan4461
Contributor

I too have lost PSP in LR Classic. However the solution to copy file from previous Classic to New Classic not workable. First, previous LR Classic CC files are gone, and 2nd, in new LR Classic, where are PlugIn files located? Ran PSP Install, it didn't offer to find LR Classic. Need better instructions from Canon, this has happened before.

@Olyfan4461 wrote:

I too have lost PSP in LR Classic. However the solution to copy file from previous Classic to New Classic not workable. First, previous LR Classic CC files are gone, and 2nd, in new LR Classic, where are PlugIn files located? Ran PSP Install, it didn't offer to find LR Classic. Need better instructions from Canon, this has happened before.

Annotation 2020-07-28 082436.jpg

Annotation 2020-07-28 082548.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
What operating system Olyfan?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Olyfan4461
Contributor
Windows 10/64 I also went to the Canon install app listed under All Programs and although it said installed to Photo shop, it doesn't show up on the menu, and for LR, file error, no install.

@Olyfan4461 wrote:
Windows 10/64 I also went to the Canon install app listed under All Programs and although it said installed to Photo shop, it doesn't show up on the menu, and for LR, file error, no install.

Annotation 2020-07-28 082923.jpg

Annotation 2020-07-28 083014.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Big thank you for your "tutorial" on getting PSP reinstalled in Lightroom AND Photoshop. Appreciate the screen shots you made to guide me through. Very helpful.
PSP is the most valuable "tool" in making great prints on the PRO-100, it would be very frustrating to work without it. Thanks again.

Somebody should point out that the name of the plug-in is Print Studio Pro, not Pixma Studio Pro, and I guess that I am that "somebody".

Also, and I have posted on this subject before, I am puzzled why so many posters seem to depend on PSP for printing. I cannot see any additional features that ease or simplify printing compared to using Photoshop and the Pro-100 printer driver. I have Lightroom Classic but don't print from it, and I suspect the same is true for using LR and the printer driver. Perhaps I am missing something.

Robert N.

Announcements