cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Studio Pro no longer works with Lightroom Classic

KarlKrueger
Enthusiast

Does anyone have the number for calling Canon support? I used to have it but lost that number. Now I can't find where you can dig it up. Online doesn't help much. Talking to someone will correct this in a second.

Have others of you had this problem with PSP not working in the latest update of LIghtroom. PSP still works in Photoshop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

With the latest version of Lightroom Classic Adobe changed the name from Lightroom Classic CC to Lightroom Classic. The update installed the program in a new folder, rather than simply updating the previous install. 

Copy the plugin from the old folder (Lightroom Classic CC) to the new folder without the CC. Or rerun the plug-in installer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

You are correct. It is possible to do what a Photoshop and the printer driver ( or Lightroom and the printer driver) do, but some folks are more comfortable using a single application.

PSP will automatically turn off color management in Windows,something some folks have a problem with. 

For macOS the Canon driver doesn't offer the pattern print like Windows does. They can get that in PSP. 

I don't use PSP but if someone feels it is working for them I won't try to dissuade them. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

You are correct, PSP = "Print" Studio Pro. If you have a good, reliable work flow, yes, PhotoShop + Canon PRO-100 driver probably is a good way to go. However, I've found the PSP has been very efficient in putting together all the factors needed in printing from the PRO-100, sizing, ICM paper/color management, minimizing paper/ink waste and loss. It's not perfect, but takes care of many things, and I often print from Lightroom with great results. When I first got my PRO-100, I struggled with prints too dark, light, so on and with cost of Canon paper and ink, lot of money going down the drain. PSP helped minimize that.

BTW, how PSP helps resolve PRO-100 printing issues is why many people who use Affinity Photo and other photo editing programs are clamoring for PSP to be available to them.

Announcements