Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Pixma Pro9500 MK II: Does Deep Cleaning produce a print?

[ Edited ]

My printer produces a print when I do normal cleaning, but does not print anything when I select Deep Clean. I've tried doing it through the IJ and XPS drivers. I also tried to deep clean through Canon My Printer and manually with the printer disconnected from the computer. The printer is definitely doing something and ink levels seem to go down. I am wondering where all that ink went. It does all other maintenance tests properly. I don't know if this could be an issue but I updated my OS from windows 7 to windows 10 and could not find any printer drivers for windows 10 for this printer through canon support. On the other hand, when I updated OS- some windows 7 components seem to still be present.

VIP

Re: Pixma Pro9500 MK II: Does Deep Cleaning produce a print?

There is a pan it sprays into in side.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

thank you ebiggs1 for your answer. Do you know where I can get information about how to gain access to this tray and how to clean it? I can't seem to find disassembly instructions on the internet.

VIP

I don't think you can.  I don't know what happens when it becomes full either.  Mine never has.  Smiley Happy

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!