cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro9000 Mark II won't start

matonanjin
Contributor

I was printing something with my Pro9000 Mark II and about halfway through the sheet the printer just died.  Now it won't start.

Everytime I turn it on it flashes between the green and yellow light.   It flashes rapidly between the green and yellow, one flash each.

I can't remember, is there some sort of "hard" restart for the printer?  Some sort of "reboot"?

Any help is appreciated; I desparately need this printer.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sometimes removing power, pressing power button to “turn on” and letting it sit for several hours can recover from a power surge issue. If no go repair could be in order. You could also give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

John, thanks but I have tried letting it sit for hours and then turning it back on.  And there was not a power surge issue to my knowledge.  It just died.  I tried calling Canon and when I put in my product received the recorded message that they no longer support the Pixma Pro9000 Mark II by phone.  Just by website.  I'll try and find a repair facility locally but at that point just buying a new printer is probably going to be more cost effevtive.  (No doubt Canon's planSmiley Wink)

But, again, I was hoping there is some sort of "hard reset".  I can't find my manual for the printer to see if it's in there somewhere.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Yes. Repair is rarely cost effective. And the Pro-100 when on rebate is a great deal.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

amandao
Apprentice

We had the same problem with ours and it started doing the flashing yellow light as well. We took it to a certified Canon repair place and they basically told us good luck. They said it was too old and no one made the parts anymore. They aslo said that the flashing light basically means death on any printer. We bought an exact of the printer new in the box to replace ours and turns out its missing the print head. We are out of options. Good luck on replacing yours. We loved ours! It's amazing and we used it for our small business and there isnt another printer that prints with the exact same style of ink so our product will change in appearance if we upgrade. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements