cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro100 Not Printing Photo Cyan

GabbisMommi
Contributor

Please help. I have had this printer for less than 2 years and just figured out my color is off because the Photo Cyan color is not printing at all! I have cleaned the printhead using the computer and also manually. When I print the test page…there is absolutely no color on the Photo Cyan. I’m starting to think it’s not an issue with the printhead being clogged. Please help!

10 REPLIES 10

robnich
Enthusiast

Have you tried a new OEM Photo Cyan ink cartridge?

Yes, I have changed the cartridge.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did it work previously and just stop? Did you recently change the PC cartridge? 

If so, is there perhaps some of the clear wrapper stuck to the top of the cartridge? There is a little vent hole at the rear top of the cartridge that needs to be clear for the cartridge to breathe and ink flow.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have been noticing that the images weren’t printing the colors as I was seeing it on my computer. I didn’t realize what was wrong until now. The photo cyan isn’t putting down any color at all.

The vent holes are clear.

If you remove the cartridge and put a paper towel or napkin on the ink port does it transfer ink to the paper?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes. The ink is on the paper towel.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try the deep cleaning option in the maintenance tab. If that doesn’t work I think it is either a print head problem or an electrical problem with ribbon cables that connect to the head. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I’ve done all the cleaning options. Thank you for your help.

Announcements