cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 9500 - Error 9200

AxBarron
Apprentice

I purchased this printer today second hand.  I spent a good amount of time with the guy going over how it works, he had it plugged in and running.

Once I got it home however, the power and alarm lights were flashing alternately.  I phoned Canon who said this is a hardware error.  I tried printing and received an error code 9200 which I'm still investigating as it can be tricky determining these things from online sources.

Any leads would be appreciated.  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Maybe B200 vs 9200? (I searched the Canon Europe web site and got a "no find" response.

This was in a recent post - see last entry.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/Error-Code-B200/td-p/6135/page/11

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Is there a reason I would be mistaking the error codes?  When I try to print it gives "service error 9200".  I'll review your link and report back.

The gentleman I bought it from says he would get the blinking lights when the ink was low, and he thought one of the inks was low and is suggesting this is the reason.

Some random internet blog suggested the print carriage needs to be replaced, or maybe one of the control boards, but he has been using it recently with no problems and it was working just fine at his house, right before I bought it.

The reset sequence you linked didn't help, it's still blinking in distress.... =/   I will try it again later in case I didn't do it quite right.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
You could give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON but I don’t know if they still support that model.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

AxBarron
Apprentice
It started working today, I don't know what I did lol.
Announcements