cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100, software installation problem

makovsky
Apprentice

I bought new Pixma 100 and i've got a problem with software/driver installation on Windows 10. On step 3 in driver installation, there's a message that "The printer is deceted. Please wait..." but after couple of minutes it's telling me that "The printer is not detected. Check connection."

After troubleshooting in Windows it's says that there might be a problem with USB 3.0 port (even if I put cable to 2.0 port) and changing printer status to "Deafult printer'. It's seems that Windows see the printer (it is active in Devices and Printers) and I even can start printing from softwares like Photoshop. Although can't do that from "My Images Garden". If I go to "Printing preferences" it's shows window with oversimplified options. 

What i've tried:

1. Put USB cable to various different ports.

2. Uninstalling and installing again whole software along with turning off printer, restarting system etc.

I tried to do that with wi-fi connection, but printer can't connect with my w-fi. I've tried everything that is in Canon's helping center and error still remains.  

Additional information: I don't know if it matters, but this is a USA version of printer and i'm using it in Europe. 

Pictures:

aea935358e5a1d136684aafde194ae8c.pngf404b4fd882025f45b9b6edeffbf3af0.png

f7cc679784e1000861c05725a796b8a1.png

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Have you downloaded the latest version from the Canon support site?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi makovsky,

I would make sure you have the PRO-100 series Printer Driver Ver.1.06 installed. If you have an older version of the driver, please remove it and then click HERE to go to the support page for your PRO-100 and download the driver.

If you have the most update to date driver installed and are still having issue, the troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance. You will have the option to speak to one of our phone or live chat agents.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements