cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma-Pro 100 prints the bleed area and leaves a thin white border at bottom of 5x7 matte print

lgloeckner
Contributor

I print my artwork borderless using the Canon Pixma Pro 100. Usually, it's no issue. I just leave .25 inches on both sides and it's good to go. I recently started using a thick fine art matte paper and, for some reason, when I print a 5x7 on it, the pixma leaves a thin white border on the bottom and prints whatever was in the bleed area too. This creates a completely different looking print than when I print it on my semi-gloss paper, for instance.

I'm really baffled and this has happened with multiple pieces of artwork of mine on the 5x7 paper.

I am printing from Photoshop using the Canon Print Studio plugin on a Windows 10 machine.

I'd love any ideas or suggestions on things that may fix this and cause it to print normally for this paper type.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think I figured out the culprit upon further investigation. The paper that I bought seems to be 5.125 inches by 7.125 inches for some reason, which is causing this weird skewing. Thanks for the idea though!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

lgloeckner
Contributor

[deleted]

Does it happen if you print directly from Photoshop?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I think I figured out the culprit upon further investigation. The paper that I bought seems to be 5.125 inches by 7.125 inches for some reason, which is causing this weird skewing. Thanks for the idea though!

Hi Igloeckner

I'm happy to see you found the "culprit" to your problem. 

WinBorderless

Since the real margin of the paper is extending past the bleed area, try extending the "Amount of Extension" in the Borderless printing options, to try covering the remainder.

Thanks, Darius! I had the paper company send me a corrected batch of their 5x7 paper instead so I can stay consistent with my prints. I appreciate the insight though!

Announcements