cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100- offset printing and now banding

Audre
Apprentice

Hello.  My Pixma Pro 100 has been printing offset margins for months.  I've tried changing the margin settings, changing the printing format and printing from various sources and it's still happening.  Only thing I haven't been able to try is the Canon Pro photo plugin because that doesn't work with the latest version of Photoshop yet. 

So tonight I updated/reinstalled all the drivers for it after I noticed it seemed to be printing darker than usual as well, and now it's not only still printing off-set, but also heavily banded and very off color.  Yay!  I've run the tests and they turned out fine, my paper type is accurate and all the inks are full and the Canon brand. Considering the on-brand inks cost an arm and a leg and my photo paper is no cheaper, this is making me more than slightly aggravated.  I didn't fork over so much money for a printer just to have crappy Kinkos prints be 10x better.  Especially when I have extremely tight deadlines to get these prints done.

IMG_3040(1).jpg

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

"My Pixma Pro 100 has been printing offset margins for months"

Does this mean it was printing correctly before this started?

"I've run the tests and they turned out fine"

Do you mean nozzle check and head alignment?

Any changes like a new operating system?

What operating system are you using?

What software are you printing from?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for the reply!

Yes, it did originally print correctly back when I got it in early 2019.  It's had light use until now (the pandemic canceled most everything I needed prints for), but the margin error started to crop up a few months back.

Yes I mean the nozzle check and head alingment.  They all came out fine.

No new operating system.  I'm on Windows 10 and have been since before this printer.  The only update before the banding was the Canon drivers for the printer.

I've printed from Photoshop, by directly right clicking on the files, and through the Windows Photos app.  All came out banded.  I was able to successfully print an unbanded image, but to do so I had to borrow my partner's MAC book.  Those images still came out with uneven margins, however.

Do you see this as the driver (and not a WS suffix driver?)

Screenshot 2021-11-21 193329.jpg

I use the XPS driver so this is what I see in the driver:

Screenshot 2021-11-21 193956.jpg

What happens if you use the print window in Ps?

Screenshot 2021-11-21 195340.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

>>I use the XPS driver so this is what I see in the driver<<

John -

What do feel are the advantages of using the XPS driver instead of the standard Pro-100 series driver? Is the increase from 8-BPC to 16-BPC visible in the print? Would a better question be "Why not use the XPS driver?"

Robert N.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I ran printing tests with Lightroom and Canon Print Studio Pro with the standard and XPS driver.

While I couldn’t see any output difference I also saw no negative, so I saw no reason not to use it, just in case my test wasn’t critical enough.

As you said - why not. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements