cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 max 26.61"

nevian
Apprentice

Does anyone know of a way to get around this limitation?  I need to print an 8" x 36" image and I don't see why there's a 26.61" limit on my Canon Pixma Pro driver!  Even if there's a chance of print distortion after 26.61" I still want the option.  Is there a way to update the driver with an increased limit?  Can I use a generic driver?  Can someone help???

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I have never seen a way around that driver limit.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

It would be nice if Canon provided a technical explanation for this limit...it seems a very arbitrary limit that a user should be able to bypass optionally.

@nevian.

Arbitrary, maybe.  Might be intentional.  Sort of like my the video resolution on my 6D2 (2K) and 5D4 (4K).

Could a 6D2 do 4K, absolutely.  But this would give people less of a reason to buy the 5D4.

One of Canon's larger format printers can probably do it.  You can certainly contact support to get an official answer. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements