cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 (dead after 4 prints)

hadenough
Apprentice

Hello Canon Community,

I am currently sitting looking at a dead printer. The orange and white lights are alternatively flashing six times and an error code of 6000 is displayed by the printer drive. I've spent multiple hours on hold / tech support. Basically I've been told that it is a hardware issue and that there is no fix other than to buy a new printer. The printer was used a total of 3 times (jammed on the third time and error occured after). When I contacted customer support I was offered to buy an upgrade for a "discounted price". The Pixma 100 is no longer in stock so the only option was the pixma pro 200 ... and the discount... 10 percent. 

This printer CAN NOT BE REPAIRED. It is 1 year out of the warranty... and now the answer is a 10 percent off an even more expensive printer. Has anyone else had this experience? Is the answer "we don't stand by our equipment" something I should expect from a multi million dollar company? At the very least let this serve as a warning to those whose printer is waiting to throw an error code.

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Given your very low printing usage - three times in two years based on your statement- it would probably be more cost effective to use a printing service. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements