cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 Printing Issues with macOS Big Sur

katiegarrison
Contributor

I've been using my Pixma Pro 100 for 5+ years with a PC with no issues. I switched to macOS Big Sur, and now I'm getting blurred/hazy prints. I've tried printing through PhotoShop, Gimp and ColorSync. Here are the other things I tried with no success:

• Deleted all printers/reset printers in Apple settings and readded Pro 100 with Canon IJ using latest drivers downloaded from Canon (did not use AirPrint or Bonjour to add the printer)
  • Tried Canon’s plugin Print Studio Pro in Photoshop
  • Hooked the computer directly up to printer with USB cable and tried to print
  • Updated the printer’s firmware to the latest version
  • Cleaned printer multiple times using Utility
  • Cleaned print heads manually

After all this, I hooked up my PC again, and it printed perfectly. Any advice?

40 REPLIES 40

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

That is strange. I have a Pro-100 connected by USB to my Windows PC and via WiFi to a MacBook Air and iMac.

Prints are the same regardless of which I print from.

Can you post a screenshot of the prints from each computer? Are you using the latest driver (16 50 version)? Do you have a Canon camera (so you could try printing from Canon DPP)? Can you post the print setting dialog box?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Attached is a photo of the artwork I'm attempting to print (left: good print with PC; right: bad blurry/hazy print with mac).

- Using the latest driver

- No Canon camera

- I'll post the print setting dialog box later tonight

- Also tried printing with AirPrint last night. No luck.

Any suggestions are MOST appreciated!

IMG-1437.jpg

Here's a screenshot of print dialogue box.Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 10.17.50 AM.png

@katiegarrison wrote:

Here's a screenshot of print dialogue box.Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 10.17.50 AM.png

What software is this from?

Can you post a screenshot of your Printers & Scanners info?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I'm using ColorSync. So far, this software is giving the best results. And here's a screenshot. Let me know if you need something else! Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 10.15.36 AM.png

You are using the AirPrint version of the printer. It is an Apple driver that doesn't access any of the features of the Pro-100. 

Click the "+" icon to add a printer and wait a few minutes for the Canon version to appear. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I just swtiched it back to Canon from AirPrint. AirPrint was a final "Hail Mary" attempt yesterday.

I'm confused.

I only see the AirPrint version in Printers & Scanners.

Click Options and Supplies and post what you see.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 10.41.59 AM.png

Announcements