cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 Ink Smearing

rwpatton
Apprentice

printersmear.jpg

I've had a PIXMA Pro-100 printer since January 2014. Using Windows 10.  I'm using Canon ink. Now, while printing 4x6 prints on Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II paper there is a smear of ink in the same center-right location with every image (see attached sample). I have cleaned the rollers and the bottom plate (many times). After cleaning the rollers, plain paper fed through with no evidence of ink. When cleaning the bottom plate, I've fed through about thirty pages of plain paper, folded as per Canon's directions. But neither cleaning seems to affect the smear on the prints, which shows up in the identical location every time. The shape of the smear and the amount of ink varies from print to print and has not changed despite my cleaning efforts. I have tried to change the paper abrasion setting but cannot find such a setting for Windows 10. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Go into the printer driver. Select the Maintenance tab and then the Custom button at lower right. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

That works! Obvious, in retrospect. Thanks much. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Go into the printer driver. Select the Maintenance tab and then the Custom button at lower right. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

That works! Obvious, in retrospect. Thanks much. 

Thanks, I've got the Pro-10 and had a similar issue but the Maintenance Custom advice helped me too.

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Canon has a great on-screen manual that can be downloaded. It is actually a software app, not a PDF.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I've had the same issue with that paper 4x6. Seems maybe that printer model needs a change in design of some sort. That paper has a slight bow to it, so I've been bending it the other way to flatten it out. I've also looked at the suggested change to Maintenance Custom, but this thread does not say which option to change.

Announcements