cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 - Attention required message - what does that mean?

WesternGuy
Enthusiast

My Pixma Pro does not seem to want to work.  It simply gives me an "Attention required" message and will not print.  It will not even print a Test Page.  I was trying to print a 4x6 picture on glossy paper from Lightroom and had all the required fields set up properly to my knowledge.  I am running Windows 10 Pro 2004 Build 19041.508 and Lightroom CC Version 9.4.  It will print a black and white copy to my HP Laserjet 1300.

I have checked the inks and they are okay.  I have checked the computer connect - okay and the power cord - okay.  I am at a lost as to know what to do.  "Attention required" tells me exactly nothing with regard to the problem at hand.  I am getting very frustrated with this printer as it has given me nothing but trouble since I bought it.

Can anyone shed light on what to do next, short of dropping it off a talll building and replacing it with an Epson equivalent?  How do I get rid of the message "Attention required", so that I can see if it will print something else like a test page.

WesternGuy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

robnich
Enthusiast

Here's a link to a thread in which someone was able to solve this problem by restarting the print spooler. Look for the post by shadowsports which explains how to do this.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Canon-Pixma-Pro-100/td-p/287868

Robert N.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

robnich
Enthusiast

Here's a link to a thread in which someone was able to solve this problem by restarting the print spooler. Look for the post by shadowsports which explains how to do this.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Canon-Pixma-Pro-100/td-p/287868

Robert N.

Thanks robnich.  I had forgotten that I had the same problem almost a year ago.  I will give this a try, as before.  Hopefully, it should work.

WesternGuy

Announcements