cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 10 Custom Sizes - Max Size

AVGeek99
Contributor

I am having trouble printing to the max size that should be allowed on my Pro 10.  According to the user manual, using the manual fee tray the printer should print up to 14x26.  I have been trying to print an image at 14x24.  It keeps giving me the following error: "the media type and paper size are not set correctly".

Finally I tried reducing the size to 14x23 and it finally printed.  Is there anything that can be done to print something longer than 23"?

I am using the manual feed tray with Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss paper selected in the print driver.

Also I have the XPS driver installed.  Should I be using the standard (non XPS) driver?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

My Pro-100 OnLine printer manual has the following note:

Media Types You Can Use

Non-standard sizes:

You can print on non-standard size paper within the following ranges.

rear tray

- Minimum size: 3.50 x 5.00 inches (89.0 x 127.0 mm)

- Maximum size: 12.95 x 26.61 inches (329.0 x 676.0 mm)

manual feed tray

- Minimum size: 8.00 x 10.00 inches (203.2 x 254.0 mm)

- Maximum size: 14.00 x 23.00 inches (355.6 x 584.2 mm)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

My Pro-100 OnLine printer manual has the following note:

Media Types You Can Use

Non-standard sizes:

You can print on non-standard size paper within the following ranges.

rear tray

- Minimum size: 3.50 x 5.00 inches (89.0 x 127.0 mm)

- Maximum size: 12.95 x 26.61 inches (329.0 x 676.0 mm)

manual feed tray

- Minimum size: 8.00 x 10.00 inches (203.2 x 254.0 mm)

- Maximum size: 14.00 x 23.00 inches (355.6 x 584.2 mm)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I must be going insane.  I've stared at that page in the PRO-10 manual for hours and for some reason I could have sworn the max size for the Manual Feed Tray was 14x26.61.  I just looked again and it is identical to what you posted: 14x23.  Like I said, I must be going insane.  It doesn't help that the custom paper size dialog box is not specific to the selected feed tray (picture below).

I'm a little new to printing, just got my printer in August.  But the fact that there is any maximum length seems a little odd to me.  Obviously the max width is limited by carriage, but it seems odd to me there is a maximum length.  And especially odd is the fact the max length is different for the two feed trays.

canon custom sizes.png

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
It might be related to the ability of the printer to handle the paper. If its too long it could fall off the output tray and the weight pull paper through or extends over the input tray and maybe printer can’t control it or pull it through.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

That's a good point.  Didn't think of that.  Thank you for your help!

davidwcanon
Apprentice

The ppd CanonIJPRO100series.ppd.gz lists 26.61 as maximum size (actually 1908 points). A warning about the size would be displayed whenever I tried printing. Only be editing the custom size to 23" was I able to print. Because I already cut a sheet to 26.5",  I know. that it can feed that people. But the reason "the ability of the printer to handle the paper." makes no sense. If the printer can't feed that paper, why put that in the manual and the. ppd?

I tried hacking the ppd. Despite that, the print dialog was picking up the paper size from some other file, which I have been unsuccessfully searching for. Some companies (such as Adobe), watch the community forums and are able to provide a better explanation. I wish Canon did that.

@davidwcanon wrote:

The ppd CanonIJPRO100series.ppd.gz lists 26.61 as maximum size (actually 1908 points). A warning about the size would be displayed whenever I tried printing. Only be editing the custom size to 23" was I able to print. Because I already cut a sheet to 26.5",  I know. that it can feed that people. But the reason "the ability of the printer to handle the paper." makes no sense. If the printer can't feed that paper, why put that in the manual and the. ppd?

I tried hacking the ppd. Despite that, the print dialog was picking up the paper size from some other file, which I have been unsuccessfully searching for. Some companies (such as Adobe), watch the community forums and are able to provide a better explanation. I wish Canon did that.

Are you sure you are trying to print from the Rear Tray, and not the Manual Feed Tray?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

davidwcanon
Apprentice

Yes, I am trying to print from the Rear Tray. I slowly lowered the custom paper size; 26.5", 26", 25", 24" and it would only print when I reached 23"

Screen Shot 2023-09-13 at 11.33.25 AM.jpg

What width? I just ran a test on my Pro-100. If I set the Custom Size to 13x26.61 I got a similar error message.

If I lowered the width to 12.95 I didn't get the error message.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

davidwcanon
Apprentice

Thank you, that solved the problem

Announcements