cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-10 - Black ink spots on left side

tiffanywu89
Apprentice

Hi everyone! I've been experiencing these black ink spots always on the left side of my prints for a few months now. I've called Canon support before and they told me it's something with my print settings, but the issue comes and goes with no change on my end of paper or print settings.

It started happening again after a few months of clean prints. When it happens I usually try to soak up excess ink in the discharge pads on the left side. Last time I took out the print head to try to see if there was any gunk on it (not super comfortable cleaning the whole thing, so I just use a q-tip to wipe around).

I'm printing on 110 lb matte cover stock paper. I've run nozzle checks and cleanings and I have no issues with the color print quality.

For clarity sake, this is what happens when I print on High Quality. The issue is most apparent when I print on this setting, but I normally print on Standard setting and the marks are not always consistent (multiple dots, light/dark).

IMG_7776.JPG

Here's the appearance of the spots on Standard setting. I've circled the area:

IMG_7777.jpg

Anyone have insight on what is likely causing this? Thanks so much for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I see you performed the nozzle cleanings but if you have not done so, please try a bottom plate cleaning using the steps HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for responding! I've done bottom plate cleanings as well and unfortunately it hasn't stopped the dots from appearing.

Should bottom plate cleaning help with issues that appear on top of the paper as well? Just curious how it works for troubleshooting purposes. As sometimes when I run this cleaning I see black smudges on the top of the paper too.

Hi,

A bottom plate cleaning can help with both sides of the paper. Please click HERE for more information about a bottom plate cleaning. 

If you have performed a couple of cleanings and the ink still appears on paper, the printer may require service. 

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements