cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma IP8720 feeds canvas but doesn’t print

jbeideck
Apprentice

I’m trying to print on canvas to be stretched and mounted as 11x14 but my IP8720 just feeds the canvas through and won’t print on it. It prints just fine on a 4x6 piece of the same canvas, and also on regular photo paper but for some reason won’t on a bigger piece of canvas. I’ve tried about a hundred times and it just doesn’t work. It’ll pull the canvas in and I can hear the ink tray move and sound like it’s going to start printing, then it pauses, feeds the canvas through and the orange light starts flashing. I’ve tried doing this a few times then switching to a smaller piece and it prints just fine, then I put the bigger canvas in and it does the same nonsense. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jbeideck
Apprentice
Never mind, I figured it out. The document size and the paper size weren’t the same!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jbeideck,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?  If using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

What application are you using to print your image?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick - macOS High Sierra 10.13.6, printing from Affinity

jbeideck
Apprentice
Never mind, I figured it out. The document size and the paper size weren’t the same!

junhi2020
Apprentice

hello friend,

may i know what type of canvas paper are used for this ip8720?

i just bought this printer, trying to figure out how to use it 

the main pourpose of buying it is for canvas printing

thank you very much for your help in advance,

Jun

Announcements