Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma pro 9500 mkii Big Sur USB error message

Alexbehrendt
Apprentice

Hay there people.✌🏽

Spoiler

Just upgraded my laptop to the new 2020 macbook pro running the M1 chipset and using Big Sur OS and my problem is when i goto print i get the error message that there is an unrecovereable USB error 😩

As ive just spent 2 grand on the laptop Im not ready to have to buy a new printer.

Canon dont seem to support this printer anymore and im wondering if anyone has had this problem but has managed to fix this issue? My computer "sees" the printer but when i send a job to it it just gives me this error message.

Thanks in advance ATB

Alex.

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What if you try to connect printer via WiFi 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hiya John,
Thanks for the reply. The only way to connect the printer via WiFi would be to use a PC as a printer server as the 9500 mk2 isn't WiFi enabled outa the box.
Alex.

@alexbehrendt

Greetings,

Unfortunately, when you make these types of decisions, you must also be willing to accept what comes with them.  

M1 - LIke most Apple stuff I'm sure its really cool, but it ends there.  I'm sure patiece will win the day, but, you are going to have wait some additional time for manufacturers to write drivers for the M1's ARM based architechture in addition to everything else.

Its unlikely your 9500 will ever work with the M1.  You might be able to solve the USB issue with a different adapter.  However, there are no drivers available for the 9500 since 10.9 Mavericks 

So unless you are going to use one or more of the less reliable "Print Server" type of methods you pointed out..  Connect to router, connect to always on PC / Older MAC, you may likely be facing a situation where you will need to throw more money at this to solve.  Or at the very least spend time none of us has to manage what we all know is a cumbersome unreliable way to share a printer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements