cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos do not fill whole sheet of paper

DogDoc
Contributor

Hello:

I am trying to print from Photos on an iMac computer (using Mojave OS). I have a PIXMA Pro-100 printer.

I have selected 4 images, set the image size as 3.5 x 5, which should fit one one sheet of paper. When I go to print on 8.5 x 11 paper, all four images are printing in a 3.5 x 5 box in the corner of the paper.

I tried doing a "fast print" on regulsr paper, and the images are the correct size. When I go back to photo paper setting, back to the reduced size. 

I have used this printer for several years with a differnt desktop computer and never had this issue. Any suggestions are welcome! (I have already checked that the printer software is current, as is my driver.)

Thanks in advance,
Kris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kris,

I see that you checked the driver and its current but lets go ahead and remove the printer and then reinstall the software.

Go into your system preferences and then select printers and scanners. Once you are there, select the printer and press the - button to remove it.

Once it is removed, please click the link below to download PRO-100 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.20.0.0. Once it is download, open you recent downloads and select the file to run the installer.

Driver: mcpd-mac-pro_100-16_20_0_0-ea21_3.dmg

Once the file is installed, please try to print again. If the same issue happens, I recommend contacting the Canon Support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST. They will be able to run though troubleshooting in real time to resolve the issue.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi DogDoc,

What program are you using to print?

We look forward to your reply.

Please note: if you would like help in real time with this matter, I recommend that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please dial 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

Hi there - I am printing directly from the Apple Photos program (used to be iPhoto a while back).

Kris

Hi Kris,

I see that you checked the driver and its current but lets go ahead and remove the printer and then reinstall the software.

Go into your system preferences and then select printers and scanners. Once you are there, select the printer and press the - button to remove it.

Once it is removed, please click the link below to download PRO-100 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.20.0.0. Once it is download, open you recent downloads and select the file to run the installer.

Driver: mcpd-mac-pro_100-16_20_0_0-ea21_3.dmg

Once the file is installed, please try to print again. If the same issue happens, I recommend contacting the Canon Support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST. They will be able to run though troubleshooting in real time to resolve the issue.

Hi Arthur - I will give it a try and let you know the results!

Kris

Hi Arthur:
Success! I did what you suggested, as well as unplug the printer. Also ran a general software update that just came through.

I've printed enough pages today to think that the problem has been solved.

Thanks so much!
Kris

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I have a PRO-10 (not a PRO-100) but in the print dialog in Photos you should see an option for your 3.5x5" for just '3.5 x 5"' or '3.5 x 5" Borderless" - pick the Borderless option.

Also, if the aspect ratio of your camera sensor does not match the aspect ratio of your print stock then you may need to crop to fill the page.  In Apple Photos there's an called "Fit" and another called "Fill" (in the print panel).  "Fit" means it will fit the entire image on the print ... but this means it will leave white un-printed areas on the sides.  "Fill" means it will crop in to "fill" the entire print (so you'll lose a little of photo near the edges.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Hi Tim:

My problem is (was, since it seems to be solved right now) is that multiple photos would not print, filling an 8.5 x 11 inch sheet of paper. Thanks for chiming in!
Kris

Announcements