cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO-300 not printing from manual feed

DonaldR
Contributor

Dear Community, my PRO-300 refuses to print from the manual feed. I think it is due to the Airbridge feature being active for reasons not known to me. Apparently I have to get rid of the "Bonjour" notion in the printer setting menu. My question is: how to disable "Bonjour"? Please advise.

Thanks, DonaldR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sounds like you are on a Mac computer.

First, if you haven't already done so, download and install the Canon printer driver:

Screenshot 2022-11-15 085523.jpg

Then go to System Preferences (or System Settings, depending on your macOS) Printers & Scanners and select the "+" icon to add a printer. Wait for the Canon IJ Series driver to appear; it could take a few minutes. Select it to add the printer.

Then select the AirPrint version and delete it.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sounds like you are on a Mac computer.

First, if you haven't already done so, download and install the Canon printer driver:

Screenshot 2022-11-15 085523.jpg

Then go to System Preferences (or System Settings, depending on your macOS) Printers & Scanners and select the "+" icon to add a printer. Wait for the Canon IJ Series driver to appear; it could take a few minutes. Select it to add the printer.

Then select the AirPrint version and delete it.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks John, will try soonest. 

DonaldR

Hi John, I followed your instructions to the letter and that all worked as expected. The only thing that did not work was printing from the manual feed. The printer again tells me there is no paper in the top feed. That is correct as there is paper in the back. Is it me, the printer settings, the WiFi, .... ? NB printing from the top feed works without issues. When using a Windows laptop it is the same issue.

Any idea what this could be?

I can’t explain. I am assuming you selected Manual in the paper source. You could give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Neither do I. It looks like a software issue. The printer works fine with Windows but MacOS is generating a problem. I think as soon as you hit 'print' it tells the printer to print from the top feed. That would explain the observations, but not the reasons. Maybe it is the version of MacOS I run (Ventura) that Canon not yet supports. Let's see what Canon will tell me. Luckily the fall-back is the laptop. It's 8 years old, but works better. 🙂

Hi.

I ran some tests this morning. The print dialogue is different that previous macOS.

On my computer (MacBook Air M2, Ventura 13.0.1)

It looks like if Plain Paper is the selected media then Rear Tray is the only option; Manual is greyed out.

I did choose a photo paper option and it did feed from the Manual feed.

I also found that if I select "Page Setup" from the left-hand side when in Print module the program crashes. Selecting "Printer" from the right-hand side does open a dialogue box.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Oh boy, this is not over yet. I'll go on with experimenting too. Canon Tech Service are helpful, but they do not seem to know what's going on either. To be continued. Let you know if there's progress on my side. Thanks!

DonaldR

@DonaldRwrote:

Oh boy, this is not over yet. I'll go on with experimenting too. Canon Tech Service are helpful, but they do not seem to know what's going on either. To be continued. Let you know if there's progress on my side. Thanks!

DonaldR

I was able to resolve my LrC crashing on the MacBook by removing and reinstalling LrC and both my printers.

I just tried using the Canon DPP4 software. Same behavior - plain paper only allows rear tray to be selected. Photo paper allows rear or manual.

I found this in the printer On-screen manual:

Screenshot 2022-11-19 095122.jpg

Looks like the driver is enforcing that situation.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

That is correct. When selecting the type of paper on the printer display itself, for the manual feed it is not even possible to select plain paper. As said, when printing from my Windows laptop there is no problem. Yesterday I printed an A3+ photo on watercolor paper. Looks perfect, consumes a couple of buckets of ink though. TBC.

Announcements