cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO-1000 printer printing incorrectly since firmware update

erinsikes
Apprentice

I have the imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 photo printer, 3 years old, operating on a mac with sonoma software. 

I updated the firmware and ever since, my large format print is discolored 😩 The left image is what it should look like and the right is after firmware update. I've talked to canon for hours and they've basically confirmed it's a hardware issue as a result of the firmware update. Hoping to hear from any others on whether they were able to get this fixed or what course of action I have now. #imagePro1000

IMG_6401.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

" I've talked to canon for hours and they've basically confirmed it's a hardware issue as a result of the firmware update."

What did Canon say about resolving the problem? 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

They said I'd have to send it to NY or the west coast to have it serviced. Seeing as how this is a massive printer, the cost of shipping and servicing that would likely outweigh the cost of a new printer. It's not under warranty and although it is due to a firmware update, they said they have no responsibility in the matter. 

jrsforums
Contributor

I do not see this on my Window 11 system

There is a firmware 2.5 update available from October 2021.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrsforums
Contributor

A hardware issue…caused by a firmware update….should be able to be fixed by a firmware fix.  I see a lack of believable rational in the response you got.

I agree. 

@jrsforums wrote:

A hardware issue…caused by a firmware update….should be able to be fixed by a firmware fix.  I see a lack of believable rational in the response you got.

There may be more to the story. The only update I see on the support page is from 2021. If it was a problem I would think it would have showed itself before this. (Unless there is an OTA firmware update that was issued vis the driver.).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements