cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma G6020 timing out, slow printing

Kir87
Apprentice

I’ve had this printer 4 days and I cannot get these things figured out. I have the worst luck with printers - I hate them, they hate me. I appreciate any help in getting these things fixed before I give up and return it. 
1. It’s printing so slow. I’m talking 1 page every 2-3 minutes when printing in color and on duplex. I am trying to print 300+ page documents and it’s taking forever. I updated the pause setting for the ink smudging with no change. I am printing on “best” quality which I know slows things down a bit, however any other quality shows horizontal lines. Even on default quality, the print time was still outrageously slow. 

2. It keeps timing out in the middle of the print, I have to find where it stopped and begin printing again from the middle of the document. Because of this combined with #1, it took 24 hours to print off one 342 page duplex booklet.

3. in the middle of my last print, the blue ink just faded out and it continued to print, causing wasted ink and paper. Without changing anything, I did a test print and it printed fine with blue. What happened? 

firmware is updated. Mac, hardwired to printer.
My ink levels are all halfway gone already (~700 printed pages) and I’m getting overwhelmed with trying to fix this thing. I’m convinced I’m doomed to have printer troubles forever. Are these things fixable? 

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements