cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImagePROGRAF 1000--Change all the ink at once to save ink?

rjsphd
Contributor

I replaced the inks in this printer many months ago.  The process went something like this: one cartridge indicated empty and was replaced. The printer made lots of noise and then indicated 2 others should be replaced. I did that. The printer made noise for a while and then  indicated 4 other cartridges needed replacing...and so on.

My understanding from YouTube research is that the Pro-1000 goes though a flush cycle for ALL cartridge lines when any cartridge is replaced, using ink.  So replacing the cartridges sequentially as they empty wastes a ton of ink.  Is this correct?

All of my inks are low and I just replace the CO which always dries up first.  My plan was to replace all the rest when I get another empty cartridge light, thinking I lose what's left at the end of the cartridges, but avoid several cycles of flushing.

Does this make sense? If someone KNOWS the answer, please share.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I use a similar approach with my Pro-100 to avoid the "domino effect". When a cartridge actually runs out (red "x" warning) I replace any cartridges that have an exclamation mark (which warns they are running low).

Replacing all at once, regardless of level, might not be that economical.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I use a similar approach with my Pro-100 to avoid the "domino effect". When a cartridge actually runs out (red "x" warning) I replace any cartridges that have an exclamation mark (which warns they are running low).

Replacing all at once, regardless of level, might not be that economical.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks.  All of my cartridges have exclamation marks--except the CO I just changed out.  (On this printer, the exclamations come on early, with plenty of prints to make before showing the "X".)

Announcements