Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO-10 and PRO-100 sometimes print lines at the bottom of photos

scotr
Apprentice

Hi All,

I suppose that pictures speak louder than words, so here's the problem:

IMG_20190202_174436.jpg

As you can imagine, the vertical lines at the bottom and right are not intentional.  In the preview before printing the image fills the paper vertically, and this exact image with those exact settings printed correctly after a reboot. (The white margins are correct, btw.)

Weirdly, the photo isn't cut off at the bottom.  It's actually compressed vertically, so that it's the full frame above the random lines but the wrong aspect ratio.

I'm using Photoshop CC (latest update), Print Studio Pro 2.2.3 (latest) on Windows 10 (latest updates).  The firmware on both printers is current.

I should note that it happened before the most recent PS update and Windows updates.  (It's been on and off for about 6 months.) 

This occurs on both my PRO-100 and PRO-10, but only after printing a handful (it varies, but as many as 20) of photos perfectly.  Sometimes closing PS and re-opening it cures the issue, other times it requires a reboot.  But the problem always crops up again.

Paper size, image size, color vs. BW, color profile, nor just about any other setting seems to be related.  It happens regardless.

Other than being an annoyance, this is wasting a lot of paper and dye/pigment.

Does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks in advance,

Scott

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi scotr,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

Hi, did you manage to resolve the issue? I have Pro-1000 and have the same issue when using Print Studio Pro. Wasted so much paper and ink - about to give up... Can you help?

Announcements