cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO10 and Catalina

boldwillie
Apprentice

Just upgraded my mac(s) to Catalina 10.15.5.  My PRO 10 now prints with a magenta cast from Lightroom, Photoshop and Preview.  I tired exporting a photo and printing straight through Preview to avoid double profiling - same issue. I have the latest printer driver installed and have deleted and reinstalled the printer twice.  I have tried printing on a 27" Mac and a 13" MacBook Pro.  Only thing I can think of is a compatibility issue with Catalina and PRO 10.  Anybody else have and solved this problem?

By the way, I printed a color and B&W photo through Lightroom just before upgrading to Catalina 10.15.5 and both were fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Problem solved.  I tried printing on a MacBook using Mojave OS.  Same issue.  Decided to start troubleshooting the printer and found a clogged Cyan cartridge.  Replaced and now all good.

Interesting the confluence of operating system updates and initial good printing led me down the path of a software issue.  Taught me I should do a test pattern to rule out the printer as an early step.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

When you installed the printer did you install the IJ Series version or the AirPrint version?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for your quick response. Went on the Canon website and downloaded version16.40.1.0.  Don't think it's AirPrint but don't know how to tell.

Also just tried printing from Olympus Workspace and had the same problem.

Interesting I just got an Catalina OS update from Apple for Canon printers.  It also didn't help.

You should see something like this in Printers & Scanners, only saying Pro-10 instead of Pro-100.

Printers & Scanners 2020-06-24 20-44-38.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Image 6-24-20 at 9.33 PM.jpeg

Here's mine.  Hard to read but mimics yours.

Problem solved.  I tried printing on a MacBook using Mojave OS.  Same issue.  Decided to start troubleshooting the printer and found a clogged Cyan cartridge.  Replaced and now all good.

Interesting the confluence of operating system updates and initial good printing led me down the path of a software issue.  Taught me I should do a test pattern to rule out the printer as an early step.

Announcements