Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Pixma Pro-10 print alignment issue

Hello all!

I'm a bit baffled here. I just got the Pixma Pro-10. Everything seemed to be going fine. I've printed out quite a few prints of my work...getting ready to list them on my website. Standard 8.5" x 11" papers. But, I've found out the borders are all wrong - it's not printing the right alignment. I've edited my work using photoshop. I know how to make borders around my images. Everything should have an even 1/2" border. But, the photos are off center. NO border is 1/2". It's smaller than that and it's off center by a few millimeters.

Does anyone know what's going on here? Why would it blow up an image and put it off center? I'm so bummed I didn't catch this earlier...I've wasted a lot of ink! 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Pixma Pro-10 print alignment issue

Just in case anyone else comes along with the same issue - I got it sorted.

The problem was using the "My image garden." It wasn't until I tried printing from Lightroom that my problem was sorted. I had called Canon and one of the first things the guy I talked to said was "Don't use My Image Garden." Cat Frustrated

Highlighted
New Contributor

I hope this helps somewhat...

Using Image Garden, if you select "Print" you will find under Advanced Settings that there is a check box for "Center on Paper".
Check the box, and the print is centered.

Absolutely infuriating.

I hope this helps.
As for printing from Picasa or anything else? Everything is off-center.

Pixma TS8820

Highlighted
New Contributor

Don't use image garden but Print Studio Pro does the same thing with center checked! on the 8/10 paper