cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-200 Ink Tank for EU Use Only

Paulg144
Contributor

INK TANK FOR EU _ USE ONLY

I opened an ink tank set, CLI-65 for my Canon Pro 200 printer, (which I purchase from Unique Photo), and found that one of the eight INK TANKS is for “EU SALE ONLY”  my printer is not able to use this INK TANK.  I contacted the company where I purchased the ink set and they said they could not honor my request. 

Any suggestions where I can get help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Canon took care of the issue.  I called Canon on Monday, no problem, happy to help, I received a replacement cart today.  How's that for customer service.  

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did you try to actually use the cartridges? Does it specifically state EU SALE ONLY?

My Pro-100 cartridges have a trash can with an "X" overlay and the wording "EU ONLY"

That infographic means don't dispose in trash but it applies to EU ONLY.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I tried to actually use the cartridges and got an error code on my Pro200 (I love the printer). It does specifically state EU Only.  As soon as I opened the box I noticed that the LGY cart has a CLEAR tab to hold it in the printer.  I tried it several times, rebooted the printer etc.

What was the error code?

Does the cartridge look similar to this:

IMG_0785.jpg

All of my recent Pro-100 cartridges have that infographic and all work fine.

Is the LGY cartridge a Canon OEM cartridge? I looked online and it seems like it should have a black tab.

Screenshot 2022-10-02 141118.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Support code 1660.  I put to empty LGY back in the printer and I don't get a code.

looks the same as yours. clear cart.looks the same as yours. clear cart.

That is not a Pro-200 Cartridge -  its a Pro-100 version 42 vs 65

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I see that it's a 42 not a 65.  I'm trying to get Canon or Unique photo (where I purchased) to replace it.  It came in the boxed set  for CLI-65.  Stuff happens (PACKAGING QC)  but now no-one want's to hear about it.

btw thanks a bunch for following up on this with me.   

Canon took care of the issue.  I called Canon on Monday, no problem, happy to help, I received a replacement cart today.  How's that for customer service.  

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did you give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements