cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA 9000 ink -- "EU ONLY" label

CKrug
Apprentice

We have a user with an old 9000.  When she recently replaced an ink cart, color accuracy changed dramatically (reds looked orange).  The replacement cart is OEM & purchased recently, but the user pointed out that the cart label included "EU ONLY" beneath the crossed-out trash can icon (we are in the US).  This does not appear on the other installed carts, but does on all the carts in the new multi-pack.

We're now wondering if the color change is due to use of the "EU" cart.  Does "EU ONLY" mean that the cart should only be used in printers sold in the EU?  Or does it refer to the recycling policy in the EU?

Thanks,

Jim

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It is EU recycling policy.

Have you perfromed a nozzle check and possibly head cleaning?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I don't think the user has run any maintenance procedures yet -- I'll advise her to do so.  She's had the 9000 for at least six years, so she knows her way around it.  Also, she's in a remote office, so I'm relying on her description of the problem.  The user did contact Canon support, and I now think they misunderstood her report of the EU ONLY notice.  Thank you,

Jim   

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I have ink for my Pro-100 that I purchased from Staples and Canon. Some of them have that symbol and some don't. No difference in printing colors.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements