cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No cyan ink on test page, but ink flows from printhead...suggestions?

KaitlynStone
Apprentice

Hello, 

So this is my second canon pixma pro 100, and though it does a great job when it does a great job...I also feel like I can walk up to it on any day and both printers I have owned have a 50/50 chance of all the inks working on the same day. 

It's one of the best photo printers out there, but this inkhead issue is getting INCREDIBLY annoying. 

My most recent issue is one that I thus far haven't been able to solve:

I noticed my prints were off hue, so I ran a test page and the cyan is extremely faint, if there at all in very small lines. Seems like it would be a blocked nozzle, however I took all the inks out, ran warm water through the ink well, used windex, and I am still seeing no improvement in the test page for the cyan block. 

Plenty of ink flows out of the printhead when I place it on a paper towel with windex - same as all the other colors, but I have no luck in getting the cyan to show up on a test page. 

Any suggestions would be immensely appreciated as I have spent who know how much money on 2 of these printers and multiple printhead replacements for my last printer. I just got this second one in January and am already running into the same issues. 

Thank you!

- Kate

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

They want me to buy a new Printer. GRRRRR.

patmeierjohnson
Contributor
Hi Kaitlyn, same problem here with my Pixma-Pro 100.; All efforts to fix the Cyan problem were of no use. What finally worked for you if anything?

adahl7796
Contributor

Did you ever have any luck fixing this issue?  I'm having the same problem.

dkoretz
Contributor

Very interesting. Are you by any chance using the XPS driver?

something similar started happening recently with my Prograf 1000. Colors were off. A nozzle check (well, three of them actually) were perfect, which suggested that the print head is not clogged. I cleaned it anyway, but it still wasn't right. When I printed the outback photo test image, some of the color  blocks that use one of the two cyans (I can't tell which) didn't print properly. The ink wasn't laid down correctly, and there were random stripes on the square. After a long time on the phone with a Canon tech who was very good, we discovered that if I switched to the standard (8-bit) driver, it prints fine.

removing the print drivers and reinstalling them had no effect.

The tech hadn't seen this problem before, but he noted that other updates can cause driver problems. There were both Windows 10 and Adobe CC updates not long before this started. (I print from Lightroom.)

I've been trying in vain for a few weeks to get Canon to test this themselves on their equipment so as to learn whether it's a general problem or something specific to my printer.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements